Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese? Yes, for real! When we started eating gluten free, we spent (an unbelievable) 4 years not eating any yummy mac and cheese. 4 years, people! I am not sure what we were thinking. But then, one day while in the grocery store, we stumbled across a fantastic product. Black Bean noodles. Which are, you guessed it — GLUTEN FREE! These Tolerant Black Bean Noodles (also come in red and green lentil) and they are delicious. So, let’s get to it….
Homemade Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese – Yum!
1 cup of milk
1 tbs of mustard
1 pound of shredded cheese
- Boil water for your noodles in a big pot on the stovetop.
- Add noodles to boiling water and set a timer for 7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While your noodles are cooking, mix your mustard, milk and eggs in a small bowl with a whisk.
- When your noodles are cooked, put them in a collander and rinse them.
- Get an 8×8 oven safe dish and layer a thin layer of noodles on the bottom.
- Add a layer of cheese on top of the noodles.
- Continue layering (ending with cheese on top) until all the noodles and cheese are used.
- Pour your mustard, milk, eggs over top.
- Put your dish into your 350 degree oven and bake for 20 – 30 minutes. Until cheese is melted and milk is absorbed.
This gluten free mac and cheese really is so delicious and very easy to make! It is one of our favorite go-to’s here. If you give this recipe a try leave us a comment below and let us know how much you love it!