This site contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission if you purchase from one of these links. Learn more Here.
Every summer we grow TONS of zucchini and yellow squash. We eat a lot fresh and then also freeze a lot. We process it both as chips (slices) and also noodles on our mandolin slicer. With all of this summer squash we like to think up several different ways to use it.
One of our favorite ways to cook up the zucchini and yellow squash noodles is as a beef casserole. It is delicious and also packs all of the veggies, protein and carbs of an entire meal into one simple dish that is also yummy when it is re-heated (so you can cook one time and get multiple servings!!). This zucchini noodle and beef casserole recipe is a great gluten free casserole option.
Here is our delicious Zucchini Noodle and Beef Casserole recipe.
Ingredients for an 8×8 casserole:
3) 1 tsp Oregano
4) 1 tsp Garlic
5) 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, gouda and monterey jack taste great!)Process:
Process for making the casserole:
1) Heat fry pan with olive oil on medium/high, add zucchini or yellow squash. Heat it until it is warmed all the way through. Can brown the squash if desired. This usually takes around 5 minutes.
2) Cook beef, add oregano and garlic on medium/high heat in fry pan on stovetop.
3) Mix together beef, squash and cheese in casserole dish.
4) Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Let us know how you like this casserole when you make it!